5.28.2013

Two-fer Tuesday: The Tunic

This season one of my favorite pieces has to be the tunic. It's such a versatile piece in my eyes. I picked up this particular one at H&M right before we headed to Maui and got so much use out of it. But even since then I've found so many ways and reasons to wear it beyond just being a swim cover up. Plus there are so many fun prints out there right now. Check out these ones that have caught my eye from J. Crew, ASOS, and J. Crew Factory.

Look 1: Boho for the Day
I really enjoy this look for the day. It's a little festival but not so overdone that it can't be worn for everyday errands. 
Look 2: Tunic Turned Dressy
And with a quick change of shoes and a few accessories you're set to go to brunch or even dinner. I actually wore this recently when the Hubs and I went to Paradise Point in San Diego. 
The tunic dress is a forgiving piece and can really work for most body types. Belting it can create shape if you're like me and straight up and down. But it also cinches and gives the appearance of a smaller waist if you've got assets elsewhere. And I even like it alone without all the fuss. 
Outfit Details:
Look 1 - Vest: American Eagle [only in stores, similar here] | Tunic: H&M | Shoes: H&M [similar here and here] | Necklace: Forever 21 | Bracelets: Lotus Blossom Design, Groopdealz | Sunnies: Coach
Look 2 - Tunic: H&M | Shoes: Rock & Republic [similar here] | Belt: Target | Necklace: Luxe Craving | Bracelets: Lotus Blossom Design, Stella & Dot, Betsey Johnson viz Nordstrom Rack

So if you're looking for a versatile piece that will last you all Summer, I definitely recommend trying this look. H&M is constantly updating their stock and I've seen so many great prints all for $12-$15. Which really can't be beat.

Have a great week! And as always thank you for reading! 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird