4.14.2014

Cheers to the 90's

Even though it's 2014, I swear when I go into stores like Forever 21 and H&M, it's like I'm right back in my childhood. It's like the 90's have returned, denim skirts, acid wash everything, overalls, crop tops, mix and match separates and even keds, these are all things I grew up wearing. Now they've all come back in style again.

Anyways, if you haven't taken notice of it yourself then just head on over to your local mall and check out the 90's revival. But for many of us it's a little too much. So instead it's a better idea to just take a small element of the 90's trend and work it into your everyday look, to keep from seeming like you're trying to hard. 

I vowed I would never tie another shirt or sweatshirt around my waist after about the 10th grade, but I guess I'm breaking that vow. Because I actually find if paired with a chic pair of faux leather shorts it can really work. And don't forget to add some sparkle and girly accessories to pull this look together and keep it from looking like you were just too lazy to hold your shirt.
Shirt: H&M [similar here] | Tee: J. Crew [similar here & here] | Shorts: H&M [avail in stores and online now] | Shoes: Coach [via TJ Maxx, similar here] | Bag: Phillip Lim for Target | Necklace: Jane | Watch: Michael Kors | Sunnies: Ray-Ban [vintage]

Linked up at Plane Pretty | Walking in Memphis in High Heels | The Fashion Canvas | Style Elixir | Perfectly Coutured

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird